Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One year.

What a difference a year makes. This time last year we were spending our first night home with our newborn. I do not remember that first night, heck I really don't remember much of the first few weeks at all. It is all a blur of doctors visits, spit up, sore breasts and late nights. I have been told that you forget the pain of labor and the crazy person you become when you haven't slept, showered or left the house in days. I do admit that it is hazy now, but not at all forgotten.




Somewhere between six and nine months we turned a corner and I felt like we were both getting settled and figuring out how to do this thing, at least a little bit. I am learning to go with my gut and let me Little One tell me what she needs and it sure does work better than trying to guess what she needs or giving her something she doesn't need.




She is learning the world at an incredible rate and it's hard to believe that she has taken in so much in one years time. Her personality is showing more and more and I find myself just in awe of this little person whom I had a part in creating.




On her birthday my husband was unexpectedly sad, commenting that we wouldn't get to relive those moments, that there was no going back. I had a twinge of sadness, but I am happy we made it! I am excited for what is to come. I am not ready for major sleep deprivation and all that comes with having a newborn just quite yet.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers