Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hair loss, Stretch marks and Pudge

The Little One is now about 3 1/2 months and my body is still out of whack. The most recent development is hair loss. During pregnancy my hair did get a little thicker and I rarely shed, but now the great shed has begun. My hair is EVERYWHERE. It is in the sink, in the bed, clogging the bath tub drain, all over my clothes and I keep picking it off the Little One. My husband even found it in the sandwich I made him for lunch last week- it is gross and annoying.

I have lost all of my baby weight (please don't hate me) but my tummy sure doesn't look the same as it did pre-pregnacy. I now have this pudge where flat tummy used to be. In addition to that pudge I have some nasty stretch marks adorning my stomach. I have been using some stretch mark cream since having the Little One but I do believe it is just hoax in a bottle. My husband keeps telling me that they've faded but he has to say that.


I strongly dislike exercising but I do know that it is necessary. Right now I take the Little One and the dog Otis on walks and go to Mama Baby yoga once a week. Now I know that this is not a strenuous enough workout routine to get me very far, but it's something. I'm also breastfeeding so that is burning a ton of calories, but it's doing nothing for my ab muscles.

I am hoping in another couple of months my body will settle down and start to feel more normal. I know it will never quite be the same again and I just have to learn to embrace that but it sure is hard to get used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers