Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Desire.

A few days ago I was having a conversation with a younger person and some how we got onto the topic of what they wanted in life. It went something like this, a house with a big yard to play with their kids in, a nice car, a boat and maybe a beach house. 
I can remember when these were things that I very much wanted for my life as well. Not to say that I would not enjoy these things if we had them but there are things that I want more for our life. 
I want a family that is full of love, for each other and for the Lord. I want to fill our little home with children who are in need of a family. I want to serve the Lord passionately and radically. I'm not sure what that looks like for our family just yet but these are the things I desire right now.
Isn't it funny how God changes our dreams? He created us for love and to serve him and it isn't until we are doing those things that we are truly fulfilled. I would love to say that those are my only desires and God has made me content with exactly where we are.

I very much struggle with being content with what we have right now, that little part of me always seems to want more. I hate those thoughts that go something like this:
"Wouldn't it be nice if we had better cars that didn't have to have the bumper duct taped on?"
"Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about finances and we had 'enough' money" 
"Wouldn't it be nice if..." there are all kinds of thoughts like this, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am learning to trust that God will provide for us, He has never let us go without before. He is slowly changing my heart, it is very slow, as I am a bit stubborn. 
Has God changed your dreams?

I hope she comes to know and love this story


1 comment:

  1. I like this post, I have been working on the same thing, being content with what I have. I agree it is not easy, but I am getting better :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers