Monday, February 27, 2012

Home is Where the Heart is

Last weekend I was able to be help host a bridal shower for my sweet sister-in-law. I was co-hosting with two other lovely ladies, her sister and good friend. We split up the planning between the three of us which made things very manageable for this momma. My duties included the decorating and one small appetizer. The theme was Home is Where the Heart is, which was so fitting since Valentine's Day had just passed. 
Let me tell you the blog world and Pinterest made finding ideas so easy! I found so many things I wanted to make to decorate but I had to tone it down to just a few. My favorite thing was the heart garland I crocheted for the mantle, it was so easy and so turned out really cute I think. I also found some great printables from DimplePrints and Tatertots and Jello that worked really well. I brought some things from home as well to add a homey feel and I think everything turned out really cute. The food was so yummy and the cake was to die for! We played some games and all around had some fun girl time. 









I love showers- I love how family and friends get together to help start off families and help them prepare for the new life they are about to embark on. I love the quality time that is spent playing games, eating and oooohing and ahhhing over the gifts. This was just the start to the wedding fun that is coming up, I can't wait for more!

1 comment:

Followers