Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines with the Little One

 My husband and I have never celebrated Valentine's day but now that there's a little one in the house Valentine's day seems much more fun. So I decided this year to do a little Valentine crafting on the Little One's behalf. I got my idea from here. It looked easy enough, but the part that she doesn't mention is that getting your almost 6 month old to press her hand to the paper is likely to cause a paint mess disaster. My Little One wanted to grab and eat the paper, eat her hand with the paint on it, paint her high chair tray, anything but press her little hand to the paper. 
Right before the paint fun!

I feel like I should have known this was going to happen, I have worked with kids. I was even prepared (or so I thought) with baby wipes, a paper towel and extra paper. Well let's just say she got a nice bath after and so did  the high chair.
After the paint disaster
It really could have been a lot worse, but it made my Type A self a little crazy. The valentines did turn out pretty cute though if I do say so myself. 


Hopefully grandparents won't see this until they receive their valentine, if so I'm sorry for ruining the surprise!

1 comment:

Followers