Open Faced Portabella Mushroom sandwiches topped with diced tomatoes and basil- these were super yummy!
This week's challenge is No Fast Food or Deep Fried Food. The rules are:
"No fast food (as detailed below) or any foods that have been deep-fried in oil.
For this challenge you must avoid:
- Restaurants with drive-thru windows
- Convenience stores that also typically sell gas
- Places where you watch them assemble your food through a glass wall
- Restaurants that are situated in a “food court” setting
- School lunches (most schools do not have a fully functioning kitchen and simply heat precooked meals)
- Airplane food"
This is going to be tough, not that I eat a lot of fried food or fast food but it's Thanksgiving week. On Tuesday we will celebrate Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family and we do not eat the traditional Thanksgiving foods but instead we eat shrimp and fried oysters. Also I will be hitting the mall of Friday with my mom, grandma and sisters for our traditional shopping trip and we usually eat in the food court. I have not decided if I will made an exception for either of these events or not. It seems like every week I make an exception for something or another so we'll see.