Monday, November 7, 2011

Real Food: Week Two

Whew! Week One of the Real Food mini-challenge went my super fast! I think I was pretty successful at my task of adding two servings of either fruits or vegetables to each meal.

There was one night where Chick-Fil-A got in the way though. I was having a really hard time since I tried to cram too many things into one day and care for the little one. Errands are so hard when you are working around a 2 1/2 month old's schedule! I was zapped, she was fussy and cooking was the LAST thing I wanted to do. My husband, being the wonderfully sweet man that he is offered to pick up my favorite meal, Chick-Fil-A! I could not resist. However, I did add baby carrots to my dinner so I got one serving in instead of two- you do what you can, right?

Moving on to week two. This week's challenge is titled Beverages and the rules are:

"Beverages will be limited to coffee, tea, water, and milk (only naturally sweetened with a little honey or 100% pure maple syrup). One cup of juice will be allowed throughout the week, and wine (preferably red) will be allowed in moderation (an average of one drink per day). "

I think this challenge is going to be pretty easy for me since I rarely drink anything else besides coffee or water. I usually sweeten my coffee with plain table sugar but with the challenge this week I will be using maple syrup. I tried it this morning and it definitely didn't taste like my normal coffee but it wasn't too bad. I am hoping to try the Maple Mocha she has on her blog and maybe the Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.

Here's to an easy week because next week is 'Meat' and it looks like it's going to be a tough one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers