Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Traditions I want for my Family

As Christmas approaches I have begun to think about the traditions that I would like to establish for our little family. This year our Little One won't get to participate in all of these things but I can't wait until she can!

Have an Advent calendar and devotion- I love this one.
Pack an Operation Christmas Child box.
Take a walk through the local park that puts up beautiful Christmas light displays.
Bake and decorate Christmas cookies and hand them out to those who serve us all year long.
Take the hayride through the Living Christmas Story that takes place in a nearby city.
Picking out our Christmas tree and decorating it as a family.

She was fascinated with the Christmas lights
I do not want to overfill our calendar but be able to take time to relax and enjoy the season. I hate that so often I get stressed out and exhausted during this season when what I really want is to enjoy family and cherish what this season is all about- the coming of our Lord and Savior. I want that for the Little One as well- I want her to know that Christmas is not about receiving gifts but celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers