Monday, November 14, 2011

Real Food: Week Three

I believe I jinxed myself when I said last week's challenge was going to be easy. I completely failed, on Tuesday I drank sweet tea it was at church and I filled my glass up and drank it not remembering the challenge until I went to re-fill my glass with water. I was so mad at myself!
Then came Thursday, it was our fourth wedding anniversary and I said, it's just one night and it's a special occasion, I'm going to cheat and I had a fall apple martini. I'm not going to lie- that thing was AMAZING and worth the cheat.
Friday we hosted a little family get together and I made my very yummy very special apple cider and I of course had a glass- it was another 'special occasion'.
Saturday morning I was fixing coffee for the mister and myself and was in the middle of a conversation about how the day was going to go and out of habit I plopped in a spoonful of sugar into my mug. AHH!

So I am realizing that there are always going to be 'special occasions' and if I am going to commit to this I need to commit. Today starts Week Three: Meat and I've planned out the meals and I am planning on being successful! Here are the rules:

"All meat consumed this week will be locally raised (within 100-miles of your hometown). Meat consumption will also be limited to 3 – 4 servings this week, and when it is eaten meat will not be presented as the “focal point” of the meal. Instead meat will be treated as a side item or simply used to help flavor a dish."

Since local meat is super expensive and this family is on a TIGHT budget we will be eating vegetarian this week. I did look for local meat and it is available through several avenues in my area which is good to know.  Here are a few things we will be dining on this week:

Farmer's Market Stir Fry 
Portobello Mushroom sandwiches
Margherita Pizza with homemade pizza crust
Quesadillas with mushrooms, onions and cheese
Sweet Potato Soup

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to let me know how you like going vegetarian for a week! And that pizza and sweet potato soup sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Followers